When deciding on a new app do you ask yourself ‘How can I succeed when there are millions of apps in stores?’ Sure you do. Asking yourself about future success is the first step in the right direction.
Even if you’ve launched your app and it has brought you some good results – that’s not the end of the story. Mobile application maintenance and support is as important as its development.
Of course, it’s better to have a clear strategy of your mobile app development and marketing from the very beginning. If you have already launched the process though, without seeing the overall picture, here’s what you should do next to avoid major mistakes and stand out from the crowd.
First things first: Clearly define your target users
It is utterly important to correctly define your target audience to begin with. Otherwise, even if you do capture some interest in the app when it’s launched the users might quickly lose it when they realize that this app is not what they really need.
Some proof: Quettra’s study showed that an average Android app loses 77% of its daily active users within the first three days, and 90% within the first month. Within three months, the numbers go up to over 95%.
To avoid this pitiful situation, take the following steps:
- Conduct surveys. Ask what your target audience expect from your application. This will allow you to address customers’ needs and solve their problems.
- Do a thorough analysis of the results the surveys have delivered. Get an understanding of which features your audience will love and which they won’t.
- Study your competitors. Analyze their strengths and weaknesses, find out where you can perform better.
The above diagram shows some of the most effective research methods in terms of understanding different users behavior. The analysis data is able to form a strong basis for your next project.
Pay a lot of attention to UX and UI design
The user interface (UI) design incorporates the look and feel of your app and the way it interacts with users. The user experience (UX) contains all the elements of this interaction and determines the user’s point of view on how the app feels.
Professional UX designers are also shrewd judges of character, skilled at giving people what the latter crave for. Once you’ve got to know your users and made up your mind what you want to give them, design your mobile app with this knowledge in mind. Whoever your user is, keep your mobile app as simple as possible. It’s important that the app interface is easy to understand.
- Use simple graphic elements and you won’t need to explain how your app works;
- Create and keep to your brand style (colors, icons, buttons, etc.). This will make it easier for users to recognize your brand products in future.
- Inform users about every ongoing process. When content is loading show the required time or progress bar – value the user’s time. If your registration form is more than one screen, show your user where they are and how much is left to fill out.
Remember, your goal is to create a mobile app that allows users to figure out how it works during the first few seconds.
Allow your users to improve the app
Provide a simple working feedback mechanism by creating a “report issue” section in your mobile application. Allow your real users to easily report bugs and this will help you enhance your app functionality.
And do not forget to say thank you! Acknowledge people who care about your product and help you make it better. When users see the value of their opinion, they are more likely to stick to your product and get the best from your app.
A few tips for your successful mobile app development
- Know your audience’s needs . Technical skills matter but your app will succeed only if you satisfy your customer’s needs.
- Study unsuccessful apps in your niche. Figure out what’s wrong with those cases to avoid the same mistakes.
- Find a technical partner with profound expertise in your domain and technologies. This will allow you to focus on the core business goals and create a better business strategy. Learn the most effective tips on finding the true IT partner and many more on our blog.
- Focus on solving users’ problems and designing best solutions for them. It’s never too late to achieve success in the continuously growing app market.